Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Palak Paneer recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Palak Paneer recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Palak Paneer recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most likely pick out many food items out of habit. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to palak paneer recipe. To cook palak paneer you need 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Palak Paneer:
- Get 1-2 bunches of Palak (Spinach) – chopped.
- Get 200 g of Paneer – cut into 1 inch cubes as well as some grated.
- Take 1 of Tomato (medium sized) – chopped.
- Use 1 of Red Onion (medium sized) – chopped.
- Take 5-6 strands of Coriander leaves.
- You need 1/3 inch of Ginger (grated).
- Take 3-4 of Garlic cloves (thin sliced).
- Use 1-2 of Serrano peppers- chopped.
- Get 1 of Bay leaf.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of Yogurt/Curd – whisked.
- Use 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Provide 1/3 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- Get 1/4 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- Provide 1/3 tbsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of – Salt (or to taste).
- Provide 1 tbsp of – Whipped cream.
Instructions to make Palak Paneer:
- Heat up a pan (medium heat) and add 1 tbsp oil..
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter for about 10 seconds..
- Add bay leaf, grated ginger, sliced garlic cloves, and chopped serrano peppers and stir for about 30 seconds..
- Add chopped onion and salt, and stir until the onions turn pink to light brown. Caution: Don't overcook the onions to dark brown..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes soften up and become a bit mushy..
- Turn down the heat, and let the pan cool down a bit..
- Add whisked yogurt and spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder) and cook on low-medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil (bubbles on the side in yogurt). Keep stirring in between..
- Add chopped spinach and mix it well. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach wilts..
- Add coriander leaves to the mixture and cook for about a minute or two..
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down..
- Blend the cooked mixture into a fine paste/puree..
- Pour the puree back to the pan (on low-medium flame) then add 3/4 tbsp whipped cream..
- Grate some paneer into the puree, and after about a minute add one inch cubes..
- Top off with some more (1/4 tbsp) whipped cream..
- Palak paneer is ready to serve!.
If you find this Palak Paneer recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.