Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai panang chicken curry recipe. You can have thai panang chicken curry using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Panang Chicken Curry:
- Prepare of Thai Panang Curry Paste -.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- Use 1 of " galangal / ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 8-10 of dry red chilies, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander roots, chopped.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of lime zest.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass (bottom part), sliced.
- Prepare 4-5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of shrimp paste (opt).
- Get 2 tbsp. of fried peanuts, powdered.
- You need 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need of Thai Panang Curry with Chicken.
- Provide 500 gms of chicken with bones, curry cut.
- Use 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
- Use 3/4 cup of panang paste.
- Use 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Provide 5-6 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Take 2-3 of green chilies.
- Use to taste of salt.
Steps to make Thai Panang Chicken Curry:
- Blend all the ingredients for the curry paste to a smooth paste by adding required quantity of water. Store in an air-tight container to be used later..
- Heat oil in a pan and add the panang paste. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Then add 1/2 cup water, salt, chilies and kaffir lime leaves..
- Mix everything well and simmer, covered till the oil starts to float on the surface and the chicken is almost tender..
- Add 1 cup coconut milk and simmer, uncovered on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with plain steamed rice..
If you find this Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.