Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several simple changes.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. Even more important than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan prawn curry (ambot tik) recipe. You can have goan prawn curry (ambot tik) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Provide 250 gms of Prawns fresh or frozen.
- Provide 1/4 cup of coconut grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk (1st extract).
- You need 8-10 of Kashmiri red chillies.
- Get 1 tbsp of pepper corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of refined oil. You can also use coconut oil if you prefer.
- You need 1/2 inch of grated ginger.
- Get Bunch of curry leaves.
- You need of Ball sized tamarind.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Take 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Use to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Wash and clean the prawns. If using frozen ones, then soak the prawns in water for about 15 mins, to defrost. Then wash them at least once or twice. Keep aside.
- In a blender, add coconut, Kashmiri red chilli, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, tamarind, garlic, coconut milk and blend into a smooth paste..
- Add 4 tbsps of oil to a pan, once heated add in the curry leaves. Chopped onions, ginger and sauté over medium heat, until the onions turn translucent..
- Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt. Sauté until the tomatoes turn mushy..
- Then add the masala paste and fry it, till the raw smell goes off and the oil starts leaving the sides..
- In goes the cleaned prawns. Add a lil water and let it cook on sim, till the prawns are cooked. Prawns takes very little time to cook, max 5 mins. Once they curl inwards, they are cooked..
- Serve with hot steamed rice and you have one soul satisfying meal on your plate..
If you find this Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.