Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted cauliflower & potato curry soup recipe. To cook roasted cauliflower & potato curry soup you only need 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup:
- Take 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Provide 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Provide 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- Get 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 1 of small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 c).
- Use 2 of tblsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- Provide 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Use 1 c of diced carrot.
- Take 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of fresh red chili pepper, such as serrano or jalapeño, minced, plus more for garnish.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can no-salt-added tomato sauce.
- Use 4 c of low-sodium vegetable broth.
- Use 3 c of diced peeled russet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- Prepare 3 c of diced peeled sweet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- Prepare 2 tsp of lime zest.
- You need 2 of tblsp lime juice.
- Get 1 (14 oz) of can coconut milk.
- You need of Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
Steps to make Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture and toss again. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower until the edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring often, until the onion is soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili and the remaining spice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more..
- Stir in tomato sauce, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer for 1 minute. Add broth, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lime zest and juice. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes..
- Stir in coconut milk and the roasted cauliflower. Return to a simmer to heat through..
- Garnish with cilantro and chilies, if desired..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, if desired..
If you find this Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.