Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more balanced feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. This is often a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
One of the most popular snack foods is natural yogurt. The truth is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you are able to reach for. It is a protein-rich source of healthy vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to muri ghonto (bengali fish head curry with rice) recipe. You can cook muri ghonto (bengali fish head curry with rice) using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice):
- Provide 1 of fish head – medium sized.
- You need 3/4 cup of gobindobhog rice (or basmati rice).
- Prepare 1 of big sized potato, diced.
- Provide 1 of big sized onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 5-6 of green chillies, slit for middle.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Take 2 of cinnamon sticks (dalchini).
- Take 5-6 of green cardamom (elaichi).
- Get 5-6 cloves of (laung).
- You need 2 of star anise (chakra phool).
- Get 2 of bay leaves (tej patta).
- Use 2 of dried red chillies.
- Use 1/2 tsp of whole cumin seeds (gota jeera/sabud jeera).
- Get 2 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi).
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder (jeera).
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder (dhaniya).
- Take 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (or as per your tolerance).
- Take 1 tsp of sugar.
- Use of salt (according to taste).
- Take 1/2 tsp of ghee.
- Use 4-5 tbsp of mustard oil.
Steps to make Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice):
- Heat a pan and dry roast cinnamon sticks, cardamom, cloves and star anise. Remove from the pan and keep aside..
- Rub the fish head with turmeric powder and some salt. Fry the head properly and keep aside..
- Rub the potato pieces with turmeric powder and some salt. Shallow fry the pieces and keep aside..
- Heat ghee in a pan and shallow fry the rice adding 2 pinches of turmeric powder for 1 minute. Remove the rice from the pan and keep aside..
- Heat 3-4 table-spoon oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, roasted spices, dried red chillies and bay leaves. Allow the spices to splutter..
- Now, add the chopped onion and green chillies. Sautè until the onion turns translucent..
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and stir for a few seconds on low flame..
- Now, add the fish head and mix very well with the spices. Cook the head with the spices by stirring constantly until it gets crushed properly..
- Add the rice and potato and give a quick mix..
- Now, add 2 cups of warm water, mix well and cover the lid..
- Cook it on low to medium flame for 10 minutes or until the rice and potato get cooked well. Check the salt, if it is less, you can add now..
- After 10 minutes, check if it is well cooked. If not, you can add 1 cup warm water more and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Once the rice is well cooked and the water gets absorbed, add sugar and mix well..
- Turn off the flame, cover the lid and let it set for 10 minutes. Your Muri Ghonto is ready to be served now..
If you find this Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.