Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Power.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of well being. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is an excellent option as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food since they’re packed full of things that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Several minerals and vitamins tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey which induces drowsiness, is available in almonds. But whenever you eat almonds, you do not feel like you must sleep a while. Instead they will just help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less burned out. From time to time eating almonds can also be a mood booster!
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to daddy’s chicken curry recipe. You can cook daddy’s chicken curry using 28 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- Provide of Fresh.
- Use 1 of Whole medium size Chicken cut into medium sized pieces.
- Use 1 of big onion diced finely.
- Get 2 of Tomatoes made into a purée.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Prepare 2 of small branch of Mint Leaves.
- Get 2 of small branch of Coriander Leaves.
- Provide of Fresh lemon juice from 1 Lemon.
- Get of Oils.
- Take 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of ghee.
- Provide of Whole Spices.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 of Star Anise.
- Prepare 4 of Cardamom pods.
- Provide 1 of medium size cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Take 1/2 Tablespoon of Funnel Seeds.
- Prepare of Powdered Spices.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Keen’s Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder (or according to taste).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Paprika (or according to taste).
- Take 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Coriander powder.
- Provide 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin powder.
- You need of Salt (according to taste).
- You need of Optional.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of thickened cream.
Instructions to make Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- Remove skin from the medium size whole chicken and cut it into medium size pieces.
- Apply the lemon juice to the cut chicken pieces and coat well, and wash off. This will remove the smell from the chicken.
- Dry the chicken pieces with dry paper towel and marinate the chicken with the 1/2 of the powdered spices with some oil. Mix well..
- Rest Marinated chicken for 3-4 hours by placing the bowl in the fridge, if in a hurry then 30 mins is fine..
- Take a large heavy based pot and put it on the stove with low to medium heat.
- Add oil and ghee and all whole spices and gently fry them for about 2-3 minutes along with one branch of coriander and one branch of mint.
- Now add the diced onions and sauté them until they are light brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces to pot and toss them in the pot so that the onion and whole spices get applied the chicken..
- Turn the heat down to low. Once the chicken is light brown, add the tomato purée and mix it in with the chicken.
- Add in the other half of the spices and mix them in to the contents of the pot.
- Put a lid on the put and simmer on low heat for around 20 mins.
- Taste the curry for flavour and see if anything needs adjusting. If required add in more powdered ingredients according to taste..
- Put the lid back on the pot and Let the curry simmer for another 30 mins, stirring the curry every 10 mins.
- Taste the curry and see the flavour, check if the chicken is nice and tender.
- Optional, add 2 tablespoons of cream and cook the curry for another 5 mins.
- Remove the pot from the stove.
- Add the remaining mint and coriander to the curry.
- Daddy’s Chicken Curry is ready to served 😊.
If you find this Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.