Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawns & bitter gourds curry in the mustard sauce gravy recipe. You can have prawns & bitter gourds curry in the mustard sauce gravy using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy:
- You need 100 gms of Bitter Gourd (Karela)- a bit sautéed already before the actual cooking.
- Provide 300 gms of Prawns.
- You need To Taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 100 gms of Potatoes (cur into medium-small chunks)- slightly sautéed until light brown, prior to the actual cooking).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of Cooking Oil (Mustard Oil).
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Mustard Paste (Shorshe Baata), mixed with curd slightly & made to a bit slurry paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of panchphoran.
- Prepare 4-5 of Green Chillies (slit).
- Prepare 1 Cup of Onion Slices.
- You need 1 tsp of Desi Ghee.
- Take 1/2 cup of plain curd/yoghurt (well beaten/whisked with a tsp of sugar).
- Provide 1-2 of Dry Red Chillies.
Steps to make Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy:
- Take a kadhai/wok- put in it the measured amount of oil & heat it up well enough & then reduce the flame to medium & put in the panch phoron & Dry Red Chilli.
- Once it releases it's aroma- add in the onion slices and sauté until a bit translucent and then, add into it the prawns/shrimps & keep sautéing for about 2 mins time.
- Now, add in the Karelas & Potatoes keep sautéing for about another 2 mins time & then add to it- Salt, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Sugar, Mustard Paste etc. until all well incorporated (except the ghee).
- We need to cover the pan with a lid post adding a slash of hot-warm water to it and allow it to be well cooked now.
- Once it’s all well cooked, give a stir & lastly, pour in the ghee & again, give it a really nice mix to the entire thing- (Please maintain the very consistency shown in the pics), switch off the flame & cover it for about 10 mins time in it's standing position.
- We’re now, all set for the dish to be served on the platters.
If you find this Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.