Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chettinad Egg Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad Egg Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad egg curry recipe. To make chettinad egg curry you need 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chettinad Egg Curry:
- Get 6 of Eggs (Boiled).
- Provide 6 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (Chopped).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Prepare of Tomato Puree (2 Tomatoes).
- Get 2 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need of Salt (As required).
- Get 2 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Provide of Roast and Grind to a smooth paste:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Black Peppercorns.
- Provide 1 cup of Coconut (Fresh or Desiccated).
- Use 5 of Kashmiri Dry Red Chillies.
Instructions to make Chettinad Egg Curry:
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan for roasting the ingredients. Add cumin seeds and fennel seeds and fry for few seconds. Add dry red chillies, black peppercorns and coconut..
- Roast until coconut is slightly brown. Remove the pan and allow to cool. When cool, transfer to a blender and blend to a smooth paste, adding little water. Set aside..
- Boil the eggs. Remove the shell. Make cuts all over the eggs or poke them with a fork before frying so that the eggs don't splutter in the hot oil..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the same pan. Add the eggs and fry them till slightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add tomatoes to a blender and blend into a puree. Set aside..
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in the same pan. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves and allow them to crackle for few seconds..
- Add onions and saute till the onions are translucent..
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until onions turn slightly brown..
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute or two..
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute till oil starts to separate from the sides..
- Add 1/4 cup water if the masala is dry. Add the ground masala paste and cover and cook for about 5 or 6 minutes. Add little water, if required..
- Add the boiled and fried eggs and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes. Adjust the gravy by adding more water..
- Cook the gravy on medium heat for about 10 or 12 minutes. Add lemon juice and mix well..
- Delicious, Spicy and Flavorful Chettinad Egg Curry is ready. Serve it hot with steamed rice, jeera rice, dosa, appam, roti, paratha, naan etc..
If you find this Chettinad Egg Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.