Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything instantly or that you need to altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to aloo poha – turmeric flavoured flattened rice with potato recipe. You can cook aloo poha – turmeric flavoured flattened rice with potato using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato:
- Prepare 2 cups of Flattened Rice (Poha).
- Get 1 of large Charlotte Potato (small diced).
- Provide 2 of Shallots or 1 medium Onion (small diced).
- Take 1/4 of green chilli (finely chopped).
- Get 1 of thumb size piece of ginger (finely chopped).
- Take 1 tablespoon of Cooking Oil.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of black mustard seeds.
- Get 2-3 of Curry leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Take of Pomegranate seeds to garnish.
- Provide of Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
Steps to make Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato:
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Once the oil is to temperature, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, finely chopped ginger and green chilli, diced Charlotte potato and onions. Stir to mix and add turmeric powder. Cover the saucepan and cook until the potatoes are cooked..
- In a colander, wash the flattened rice (poha) under running water until all the flattened rice is damp (but not soaking wet). Drain the water by gently shaking the colander..
- Once the potatoes are cooked, gently toss the flattened rice with cooked potatoes and onions..
- Season with salt, add sugar and lemon juice, gently mix and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. [avoid over mixing as this breaks the flattened rice].
- Take off the heat, transfer in a bowl, garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander. Serve warm..
If you find this Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.