Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut, lentil and spinach curry (vegan) recipe. You can have coconut, lentil and spinach curry (vegan) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan):
- You need of Coconut oil for frying (or olive oil, but recommend coconut oil).
- Get of Large red onion, diced.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, diced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Crushed garlic (not fresh).
- You need 2 cm of ginger, peeled and diced.
- Provide 1 of red chilli, seeded and diced.
- Get 1 of green chilli, seeded and diced.
- Get 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tablespoon of crushed coriander seeds.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- Provide 1 tin of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tin of red lentils.
- Take to taste of coriander leafs, chopped, added.
- You need 1 of big bag of baby spinach.
Steps to make Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan):
- Heat the coconut oil, fry the onions until soft and little gold (5 – 8mins).
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin, garam masala and crushed coriander. Cook until very fragrant (2-4mins).
- add the tomatoes, scraping up any brown bits that form on the pan. cook stirring occatinally until the liquid has reduced and the tomato chunks have softened (5-8mins).
- Add coconut milk and mix well (can add half a cup of water if it's too dry for your taste) Bring to boil over high heat..
- bring down temp, Add lentils and cook until tender (25-35mins)stirring occasionally to prevent the lentils from sticking to the pan. Add coriander leafs to taste..
- Add baby spinach and fold into the curry. Cook until wilted (+-3mins).
If you find this Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.