Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Koottu Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Koottu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Koottu Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to koottu curry recipe. You can cook koottu curry using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Koottu Curry:
- Get 1/2 cup of Chena (Yam) chopped.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Kaya (Raw Banana) chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of Carrot chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kadala (Black chana dal) boiled.
- Provide 1 of small Kumbalanga (Ash gourd) piece chopped.
- Provide 3/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tsps of Chilli powder.
- Provide of Salt per taste.
- Get 1/2 cup of Coconut grated.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Get 1/2 cup of coconut Shredded.
- Prepare of Ghee.
- Take of Oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of Urad dal (Uzhunu parippu).
- Provide 3 sprigs of Curry leaves.
- Use 3 – 4 of Jaggery cubes.
Instructions to make Koottu Curry:
- Boil all the vegetables listed above in a vessel..
- Once the vegetables are boiled, transfer them into a pan and add the spices like turmeric chilli powder and saute it..
- Add the jaggery cubes and cook it on low flame until it melts down completely..
- Meanwhile prepare the coconut paste adding a teaspoon full of cumin seeds. Once the jaggery gets melted add the paste to it and mix well. Adjust the salt to taste..
- Now temper the curry by spluttering the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and dry red chilli in oil. To this add the shredded coconut and saute it until it becomes slightly brown and finally add some ghee..
- Serve it with curry leaves and ghee..
If you find this Koottu Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.