Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Treats.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us feel better within our bodies. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to assamese bilahi boror tenga (sour curry with red lentil fritter) recipe. You can have assamese bilahi boror tenga (sour curry with red lentil fritter) using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter):
- Use of for fritters-.
- Use 1/2 cup of split red lentils (Masoor dal).
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- Use 1 pinch of hing.
- Use to taste of Salt according.
- You need of as required Oil to deep fry.
- Prepare of for Gravy-.
- Get 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Take 2 of tomatoes finely chopped.
- Provide 1 of potato cooked and mashed.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 4 of kokum pieces (Malabar tamarind).
- Take 1 pinch of sugar.
- Use to taste of Salt according.
- Take of For tempering-.
- Take 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of panch phoran masala.
- You need 1 of dried red chilli.
- You need of For garnish-.
- You need 1 handful of Finely chopped coriander leaves.
Instructions to make Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter):
- Take the mixing bowl add masoor dal then Wash the dal twice and soak it for 30 minutes. In another bowl soak the tamarind in water about 15 mins, keep it aside..
- After the half an hour transfer the soaked red lentils and green chillies into a mixer grinder and grind the contents to a coarse paste with adding little water if required. We need a thick paste to be formed to fry..
- Now transfer the ground dal paste to mixing bowl, add asafoetida, pinch of turmeric powder and salt according to your taste mix well. Do a taste check, if you feel the salt or spiciness is less, you can add at this stage..
- Next Heat the oil in deep vessel for frying. Once the oil is hot sufficiently..
- Take the small spoon portion of the dal mixture or batter and drop them with the help of a spoon into the oil. Fry them till they are turns to golden colour..
- Now take them out and drain them on a kitchen towel. Do the frying in batches, do not overcrowd the oil in deep frying pan since the frying becomes slow and the fritters might lose their crispness. Keep them aside till the curry is almost done..
- Further heat the Kadhai with mustard oil, once the oil is hot, add the bay leaves saute for a few seconds till the aroma arises. immediately add dried red chilli and saute for few seconds. Add panch phoran masala and give it a quick mix..
- Next, immediately add the finely chopped onions so that the panch Phoran masala doesn't get burnt. Add pinch of salt and stir till the onions turn light golden brown colour appears..
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder mix well. Cook the tomatoes over low heat till they become mushy..
- Additionally add the red chilli powder, salt to taste, chopped potato mix well. next add coriander powder, Garam masala and saute for a minute..
- Furthermore, Add soaked tamarind water, sugar and some more water. Let it simmer for a minute.
- After add fried lentil fritters into the pan, and let it simmer for 2 more mins..
- Lastly, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve Assamese bilahi boror tenga or (Assamese sour curry with red lentil fritters) with chapati or Rice..
If you find this Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.