Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. One healthy alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil curry or masoor dal recipe. To cook lentil curry or masoor dal you only need 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal:
- Get 1 cup of Kali masoor dal, washed, soaked in water overnight,.
- Use Pinch of hing,.
- Use 1/4 tsp of haldi powder,.
- Prepare to taste, of Salt.
- Get 1 tsp of oil,.
- Take 4-5 tbsp of For curry — desi ghee,.
- Use Pinch of zeera,.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste,.
- Take 1 tsp of ginger paste,.
- Take 1 tbsp of onion paste,.
- Provide 1 tbsp of fresh tomato puree,.
- Use 1/2 tsp of haldi powder,.
- Get 1 tsp of red chilli powder,.
- Take 1 tsp of dhania powder,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder,.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Use 1 of aloo cut into square pcs,.
Instructions to make Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal:
- Take a pressure cooker, add dal & all the given ingredients, add water accordingly so as to keep dal thick..
- Place the lid, give 4 whistles at high flame..
- Remove it from the flame, let it cool, take out in a bowl, keep aside,do not stir..
- Wash the same cooker to avoid burning. Add ghee, heat it..
- Add zeera, let it splutter..
- Add ginger garlic paste, add lil water also, saute it for a while..
- Now add onion paste, add very lil water, stir fry it for a while..
- Lower the flame, cover it with the lid, cook it till golden brown. Stir in between..
- Open the lid now, increase the flame, add salt & fresh tomato puree, stir it nicely..
- Lower the flame now, cover it with the lid, cook it till oil separates..
- Open the lid, increase the flame, add haldi, dhania & red chilli powder, again add lil water, stir it nicely..
- Moderate the flame, cover it again, cook it till oil has oozed out..
- Now take another pan, add lil oil, heat it, fry aloo till light brown..
- Add fried aloo into the masala, give a stir..
- Add garam masala powder, increase the flame, stir it nicely..
- Add cooked dal, give a gentle stir..
- Now add water accordingly so as to keep a lil thick..
- Place the lid now, give 3-4 whistles at high flame..
- Switch off the flame, open the lid after 5 minutes of cooling..
- Take out in a serving bowl, garnish it with chopped dhania patta & dollop of fresh cream..
- Have it with Missi roti or Nan…
If you find this Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.