Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Pumpkin Dal Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pumpkin Dal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pumpkin Dal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A piece of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have so many options. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain snacks is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pumpkin dal curry recipe. To make pumpkin dal curry you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pumpkin Dal Curry:
- Take 250 gms of Pumpkin (diced).
- Get 1 cup of Toor dal.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (chopped).
- You need 3 pcs of Garlic (chopped / smashed).
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut Grated / blended.
- Provide 2 of chilles Green.
- Get 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 1tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sambar Powder.
- Get of Salt per taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ghee (optional).
- Get of Mustard seeds.
- You need 3 of Dry red chilli.
- Take 2 of spring Curry leaves.
Steps to make Pumpkin Dal Curry:
- Cut 250 grams of pumpkin in to small dices. You can leave the peel as it is. No need to peel it..
- Now, in a cooker, put dal, 1 tbs chilli powder, 1 tbs garam masala, 1/4 tbs turmeric. Add 250 -300 ml of water. Now add 1 tsb of salt. Cook for 1 whistle..
- Let it cool. Then in to this cooker add the pumpkin pieces and pressure cook for one more whistle..
- Meanwhile add oil to a heating pan and add garlic and green chillies. Once the raw smell goes, add add onions and wait for it to turn brown..
- Now add 1 tsb of Sambar powder to it. Meantime in a mixer jar, grind coconut to a coarse paste. Do not add water..
- Add the pressure cooked items to this pan and allow to mix well. Now add the coconut gratings and mix well.Check for required salt level..
- For Tempering: In another pan heat some ghee and add mustard seeds.Let it splutter then add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Add this to the hot curry and serve..
- Your Pumpkin curry is ready..
If you find this Pumpkin Dal Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.