Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai yellow curry with mango & prawns recipe. You can have thai yellow curry with mango & prawns using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- Get 1 teaspoon of chili paste.
- Take 3 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of tamarind sauce.
- Get 2 of lemongrass stalks.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 1 of shallot.
- Use 1/2 of thumb fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of fresh red chili.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 4/5 of cherry tomatoes OR 1 red bell pepper.
- Prepare 8/10 of Prawns (I used frozen).
- Prepare Handful of frozen peas.
- Provide 1 of small mango.
- Use Handful of salted cashews.
- Take of Spices.
- Take Bunch of fresh coriander.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Curry.
Instructions to make Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- Defrost the prawns. Grate the garlic and ginger, chop the shallot, the fresh chili and the mango, halves the cherry tomatoes (or chop the red bell pepper)..
- In a medium pot, over a medium fire, heat the fish sauce and the chili paste (adjust the quantity to your liking and the level of spice of your available paste!) for a minute, then add the garlic, the ginger, the shallot and the cashews until lucid & brown, then add the tomatoes (or peppers) and the frozen peas until soft..
- Add the lemongrass, the bay leaf, the mango, half of the coriander, and half of the lime and cook for a minute..
- Add the coconut milk (and a splash of water if needed), then add the spices – Cumin (I personally do not digest it well, but feel free to adjust the quantities to your liking!), Turmeric, and Curry, and stir well to combine..
- Turn the heat down to low, cover with a lid and let it bubble away, being careful it does not dry up too much..
- When nearly ready, add the prawns for a few minutes (I do not like them overcooked!), then remove from the heat, remove the lemongrass stalks, add the tamarind sauce, stir well, and you are ready to serve..
- I like to serve it in little clay serving pots with rice, Thai prawns crackers and sweet chili sauce; garnish with the remaining lime, coriander, and fresh chili..
If you find this Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.