Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to (sweet) potato – aloo curry recipe. To make (sweet) potato – aloo curry you only need 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry:
- You need 14 of large sweet potatoes OR.
- You need 8 kg of potatoes.
- Provide 14-20 cloves of garlic (minced ca.50-60g).
- Take 40 g of fresh turmeric or 6tsp dried.
- Get 7 of medium onions (diced ca.965g).
- Take 6 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Use 7 tsp of =21g curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 7 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of = cinnamon.
- Take 1000 g of =7c diced tomatoes.
- Use 2 tbs of date (or maple) syrup.
- Prepare 2000 ml of full-fat coconut milk.
- You need 7 of c=850g frozen peas.
- You need of If needed:.
- Get of More coconut milk or veg broth.
- Prepare of Decorate with:.
- Use of Cilantro.
- Use of Fresh julienne cut ginger.
Instructions to make (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry:
- Dice (peal if you prefer) potatoes.
- Boil until 'al dente' – usually 10min if starting with salted boiling water.
- While boiling the potatoes prepare :.
- Mince garlic and turmeric finely or if mixer available use (in tmx speed 10 for 5sec).
- Chop onions finely (in tmx speed 5.5 for 5sec).
- Add coconut oil to pan and heat up OR if available into cooking mixer.
- If preparing in pan / pot :.
- Heat oil, fry onions till yellow translucent, then add garlic till fragrant.
- Add turmeric.
- Add spices.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook till it becomes pastelike for about half an hour at medium high temperature.
- If you're using the tmx: Varoma speed 1 set for 20-30 min.
- Add ingredients like in pot method with tomatoes being last addition.
- Now mix potatoes (or sweet potatoes) with the paste in large pot.
- Add coconut milk.
- 20min medium flame simmer with lid on.
- Add peas and let sit covered for 5min, flame turned off.
- Add date sirup and stir well.
- Serve with chopped cilantro or thai basil on top.
If you find this (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.