Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dried Green peas curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dried Green peas curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably purchase many items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dried green peas curry recipe. To make dried green peas curry you only need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dried Green peas curry:
- Use 1 cup of dried green peas.
- Get 2 of medium onions sliced.
- Take 2 of medium tomatoes sliced.
- Get 2-3 of green chillies chopped finely.
- Provide 1 tsp of ginger chopped and crushed.
- Provide 2 tsp of garlic crushed.
- Get 1.5 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds powder.
- Get 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use as required of Salt.
- Provide 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Get 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
Steps to make Dried Green peas curry:
- Wash and soak the dried green peas for 8 hours or overnight. Wash the soaked green peas and cook them in a pressure cooker on a medium flame for about 5-6 whistles.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai. Add the crushed ginger garlic. Cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add the onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute the onions till they are translucent. Add the coriander powder, fennel seed powder and roast till a nice aroma comes. Add the turmeric, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and mix it well.
- Add the tomatoes and mix and cook till the tomatoes are mushy. Add the cooked green peas to masala and salt and combine it well. Simmer for about 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Switch off the flame. Serve it with puttu, idiyappam, pathiri, chapati, parathas☺️.
If you find this Dried Green peas curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.