Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican curry chicken recipe. You can have jamaican curry chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- Take 3-4 of lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut Bite Size).
- Prepare 1 of Large Yellow Onion (Roughly Chopped).
- Get 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Roughly Chopped).
- You need 1 of 1"- 2" Piece of Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Roughly Chopped).
- Take 4-5 Cloves of Garlic (Roughly Chopped).
- Use 1-2 of Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Habanero Peppers Can Be Subbed).
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Get 6-8 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme (Pulled Off Stems).
- Take 1/2 Cup of Jamaican Curry Powder.
- You need 1 lb. of Gold Potatoes (Cut into 2" Cubes).
- Take 4 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Olive or Veg Oil.
- Get 1 tsp. of Salt Divided (Or to Taste).
- Get 1 tsp. of Black Pepper (Or to Taste).
Instructions to make Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- Add Onion, Green Onions, Ginger, Garlic, 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Thyme, Cilantro, & 1/2 of the Salt to a Food Processor. Pulse Until Well Combined..
- Pour Marinade in a Freezer Bag with the Cut Up Chicken Thighs. Seal and Refrigerate for 1 – 2 Hours. (Overnight is Best).
- In a High Walled Pot, Add Curry Powder, and Toast over Low Heat until Aromatic..
- Add Marinated Chicken to Pot and Mix Well with Curry. Add Rest of Salt, Black Pepper, and Gold Potatoes. Stir..
- Pour Chicken Broth over Chicken and Potatoes..
- Cover and Bring to a Boil. Once Boiling, Turn Down to a Low Simmer. Cook for 25 Minutes..
- Uncover, and Add the Other Chopped Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper if using one. Skip This Step if You Don't Like it Too Spicy..
- Cook Uncovered for Another 30 Minutes or Until the Chicken is Tender and the Sauce is Thickened to Your Liking..
- Serve Alone or With Rice. (I like Jasmine Rice).
If you find this Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.