Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to aubergine & chickpea curry recipe. To cook aubergine & chickpea curry you need 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Get 2 of Aubergines.
- Take 1 tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 10 of Curry Leaves.
- Get 2 of Dried Chillies.
- Get 4 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Use 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- Use 6 of Tomatoes.
- Use 1 of Onion.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Oil.
Instructions to make Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Quarter the tomatoes, and dice onions finely..
- Halve the aubergines, then cut each half into wedges..
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick, and brown half the aubergines for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp all over..
- Scoop onto a plate, repeat with more oil and the remaining aubergines, then set everything.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry for 30s until fragrant..
- Stir in the onions and continue cooking until they are softened and beginning to brown..
- Add the dried chillies and spices with a spoonful of the thick coconut milk from the top of the can, then fry for 1 minute more..
- Add the remaining coconut milk, tomatoes and half a can of water. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until thick and saucy..
- Stir in the chickpeas and aubergines. Continue simmering for 5 minutes or so, until everything is hot and the aubergines are tender..
- Serve with rice or warm Naan, scattered with a few extra curry leaves sizzled in a splash of oil, if you like..
If you find this Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.