Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Keralan Style Prawns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Keralan Style Prawns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to keralan style prawns recipe. You can cook keralan style prawns using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Keralan Style Prawns:
- Get 250 G of raw king prawns (Deveined).
- Prepare 10 of fresh curry leaves.
- Use 1 of large onion.
- Use 2 tbsp of garlic ginger paste.
- Get 2 Tbsp of black mustard seeds.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of turmeric.
- Take 25 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Use 1 of dry red chilli or to taste.
Instructions to make Keralan Style Prawns:
- Peel and devein the prawns.
- Cut the onions into quarters and boil them, then blend to make a paste..
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and the dry red chilli until they begin to pop, add the curry leaves and fry for a few seconds, add the onion paste and cook really well until it begins to loose its moisture.
- Then add salt and the garlic and ginger paste and fry really well, then add the turmeric and continue to cook for a few seconds.
- Add the prawns and cook for 10 to 20 seconds until they just begin to colour then add the coconut milk slowly (add a little at a time until you have the desired quantity of sauce).
- Cover and cook on a really low heat until the prawns are cooked through serve with a little extra coconut milk drizzled over, garnish with coriander and serve with your choice of rice.
If you find this Keralan Style Prawns recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.