Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Portuguese Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Portuguese Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Portuguese Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One healthy option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to portuguese chicken curry recipe. You can cook portuguese chicken curry using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Portuguese Chicken Curry:
- Take 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of lard or 2 tbsp oil.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and sliced.
- Provide 1 of Green bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Use To taste of dried or fresh chillies.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Use 6-8 of chicken pieces.
- Take 100 ml of hot chicken stock.
- Use 50 ml of white wine.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 5 tsp of curry powder.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 6-8 of small potatoes, peeled (optional).
Instructions to make Portuguese Chicken Curry:
- Heat the olive oil and oil or lard in a saucepan or wok..
- Add the onion, and fry until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and allow another minute of cooking..
- Add the chicken pieces, skin side down and add 2 teaspoons of Curry powder. Add the dried chilli and season with salt. Allow to fry for 3-5 minutes then stir..
- Add the carrot and green pepper and allow to fry for a further few minutes. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Add 3 more teaspoons of Curry powder, coriander powder and the coconut milk. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to simmer over a low heat for 35-40 minutes. Add the potatoes in 25 to 30 minutes before turning the heat off..
- Serve with basmati rice..
If you find this Portuguese Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.