Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a few small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to daddy’s chicken curry recipe. To cook daddy’s chicken curry you need 28 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- Use of Fresh.
- Take 1 of Whole medium size Chicken cut into medium sized pieces.
- Use 1 of big onion diced finely.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes made into a purée.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Get 2 of small branch of Mint Leaves.
- Use 2 of small branch of Coriander Leaves.
- Provide of Fresh lemon juice from 1 Lemon.
- You need of Oils.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of ghee.
- Get of Whole Spices.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 of Star Anise.
- Provide 4 of Cardamom pods.
- Get 1 of medium size cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Take 1/2 Tablespoon of Funnel Seeds.
- Provide of Powdered Spices.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of Keen’s Curry Powder.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder (or according to taste).
- Take 1 Tablespoon of Paprika (or according to taste).
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Coriander powder.
- Provide 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin powder.
- Get of Salt (according to taste).
- Use of Optional.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of thickened cream.
Instructions to make Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- Remove skin from the medium size whole chicken and cut it into medium size pieces.
- Apply the lemon juice to the cut chicken pieces and coat well, and wash off. This will remove the smell from the chicken.
- Dry the chicken pieces with dry paper towel and marinate the chicken with the 1/2 of the powdered spices with some oil. Mix well..
- Rest Marinated chicken for 3-4 hours by placing the bowl in the fridge, if in a hurry then 30 mins is fine..
- Take a large heavy based pot and put it on the stove with low to medium heat.
- Add oil and ghee and all whole spices and gently fry them for about 2-3 minutes along with one branch of coriander and one branch of mint.
- Now add the diced onions and sauté them until they are light brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces to pot and toss them in the pot so that the onion and whole spices get applied the chicken..
- Turn the heat down to low. Once the chicken is light brown, add the tomato purée and mix it in with the chicken.
- Add in the other half of the spices and mix them in to the contents of the pot.
- Put a lid on the put and simmer on low heat for around 20 mins.
- Taste the curry for flavour and see if anything needs adjusting. If required add in more powdered ingredients according to taste..
- Put the lid back on the pot and Let the curry simmer for another 30 mins, stirring the curry every 10 mins.
- Taste the curry and see the flavour, check if the chicken is nice and tender.
- Optional, add 2 tablespoons of cream and cook the curry for another 5 mins.
- Remove the pot from the stove.
- Add the remaining mint and coriander to the curry.
- Daddy’s Chicken Curry is ready to served 😊.
If you find this Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.