Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Kofta Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kofta Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kofta Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kofta curry recipe. You can have kofta curry using 32 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kofta Curry:
- You need of For the meatballs:.
- Provide 1 of small onion (120 grams after peeling) roughly chopped.
- Get 1 of green chilli pepper stem removed and roughly chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of mint leaves optional.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed ginger.
- Get 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 tbsp of chickpea flour also called gram flour or besan.
- Get 1 of egg lightly whisked.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each(cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, and garam masala).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Use of For the curry:.
- Use 1 of large onion roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of medium (or 3 small) tomatoesroughly chopped.
- Get 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Get 1/4 cup of oil.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 3 of whole cloves.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1-2 of green cardamom pods.
- Get 4-5 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Take 1/2 inch of piece ginger crushed.
- Take 3 tbsp of plain whole milk yogurt.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1/2-1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of paprika powder (regular or smoked) (optional).
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
Instructions to make Kofta Curry:
- Combine the onion, green chilli pepper, cilantro leaves, and mint leaves (if using) in a food processor..
- Use the pulse function to chop so that the onions are finely chopped but not blended. You don’t want the onions to break down too much and release water..
- Then add the rest of the ingredients listed under meatballs (including the meat) and process to combine for about 30 seconds or just until mixed..
- Using a bit of oil to grease your hands, form into meatballs about 1 ½ inch in diameter. It should make around 25 meatballs. Set aside..
- For Curry: Rinse your food processor. Then use the pulse function again to chop the onion..
- Remove and set aside..
- Then chop the tomatoes and green chilli pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed pan over high heat..
- Add the oil and whole spices, and allow them to sizzle for a few seconds..
- Then add the chopped onion and sauté, stirring often, for 7-8 minutes, or until golden. Lower the heat to medium-high..
- Add the garlic and ginger & sauté another 2 minutes, until the onions have deepened even more in colour..
- Add the tomatoes and green chilli pepper mixture, followed by the yogurt, spices and salt..
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the oil starts to separate from the mixture..
- Add 2 cups water and rise the heat to bring to a boil..
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat to the lowest setting. Once it has stopped boiling, arrange the kofte in a single layer..
- Rise the heat to medium, cover and allow it to cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and gently stir the kofte..
- Lower the heat to low-medium. Cover and allow it to simmer for another 35 minutes, stirring once in between, until cooked through..
- Sauté to evaporate water to make the kofte to desired consistency..
- Taste and add salt, if needed. Sprinkle in garam masala..
- Serve hot with Naan..
If you find this Kofta Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.