Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese katsu curry – chicken, pork & shrimp recipe. To cook japanese katsu curry – chicken, pork & shrimp you only need 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- Use of KATSU FRY:.
- Use 1 piece of Chicken Breast.
- You need 7 pieces of Shrimp.
- Use 2 pieces of Pork Cutlet.
- Provide 1-2 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Provide 1 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- Take 2 cups of Oil.
- Provide of Iodized Salt.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of CURRY SAUCE:.
- Take 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 of bulb Garlic.
- Provide 2 pieces of White Onion.
- Get 2 pieces of Carrot.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Potato.
- Get 1 piece of Red Bell Pepper.
- Use 1 liter of Water.
- You need 4 cubes of Curry Roux.
- You need 3 tbsps of Honey.
- Use 3 tbsps of Tomato Ketchup.
- Provide of SIDES:.
- Take 3 cups of Rice.
- Provide 3 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare of Fukujinzuke.
Steps to make Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3/4-inch. ©homebasedchef.
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted..
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce..
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper..
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper..
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper..
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers – for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs..
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook..
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!.
If you find this Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.