Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Beerakaya Pappu recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beerakaya Pappu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beerakaya Pappu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably purchase a lot of items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beerakaya pappu recipe. To cook beerakaya pappu you need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Beerakaya Pappu:
- Use 1/2 cup of Tuvar dal (Pigeon pea lentil). soaked for 30 minutes.
- Take 2 cups of Turai (Ridge gourd), chopped.
- Use 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Use 1-2 of dry red chilies.
- Get 1 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- You need pinch of asafoetida.
- Get 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- Provide 1/2-1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Use to taste of salt.
- Take 1/4 cup of tamarind juice.
- Use 1 tsp. of coriander leaves to garnish.
Steps to make Beerakaya Pappu:
- Pressure cook the soaked lentil with turmeric powder, chopped ridge gourd, onion, tomato, green chilies and 1 & 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Mash well and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with mustard seeds & dry red chilies. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic, urad dal, asafoetida & curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder & red chilli powder. Give it a stir..
- Add the boiled dal, tamarind & salt. Simmer on a low flame for 2-3 minutes..
- When done, switch off the flame and add coriander leaves..
- Serve with hot steamed rice..
If you find this Beerakaya Pappu recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.