Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Brinjal podi curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brinjal podi curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brinjal podi curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything immediately or that you have to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than wholly altering your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Eventually, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate in the past.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brinjal podi curry recipe. To make brinjal podi curry you need 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Brinjal podi curry:
- You need 5 of brinjals Tender purple -.
- Get 1 tbsp of Bengal gram dal (kaai paruppu) -.
- Use 2 tbsps of Coriander seeds (dhania) -.
- Take 2 of Chillies Red -.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Peppercorns -.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Urad dal -.
- Use 6 – 8 of Curry leaves -.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- Get of Salt – as needed.
- Take of Oil – as needed.
Steps to make Brinjal podi curry:
- Cut brinjal into small cubes and add them to a bowl filled with water.
- After all brinjals are cut, strain the water. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and leave it aside for 10 minutes..
- In a pan, heat a drop of oil. Add bengal gram dal, coriander seeds, peppercorns and red chillies. Fry till dal turns light brown. Let it cool.
- Ground the roasted ingredients to a coarse powder.
- Heat a wide-bottomed pan. Add 4-5 tsp of oil..
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add urad dal and curry leaves. Fry till urad dal turns light brown.
- Add chopped brinjal pieces, sprinkle little water and mix well.
- Close the lid and let the brinjals cook in low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Check if brinjals are cooked..
- Add the freshly ground masala powder and mix well.
- Check for salt and add more if needed.
- Fry for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Serve it as a dry side-dish with rice..
If you find this Brinjal podi curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.