Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Curry leaves Pulao recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry leaves Pulao recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. Even more crucial than totally altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry leaves pulao recipe. To cook curry leaves pulao you only need 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Curry leaves Pulao:
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of Basmati rice.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of jeera (or a piece of cinnamon stick works too).
- Prepare 2-3 of cloves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Get of FOR THE CURRY LEAVES MASALA:.
- Use 1 tablespoon of chana dal split Bengal gram dal.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- Use 3 of small green chilies/1 big jalapeno/Serrano pepper.
- Get 1 of dry red chilli.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of loosely packed curry leaves.
- Provide 1/2 cup of grated coconut (or a handful of almonds) fresh/frozen.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of hing/asafetida powder.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or any other odorless oil.
- Prepare of FOR SEASONING/TEMPERING:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Take 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of cashew halves and peanuts.
- Take leaves of Few curry.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of hing/asafetida powder.
Steps to make Curry leaves Pulao:
- Wash Basmati rice in several changes of water until the water runs clear, strain and soak in plenty of water for about 20 minutes. Separate curry leaves from the stalks, wash in plenty of water until clean and strain to remove excess water. Keep aside..
- TO MAKE THE CURRY LEAVES MASALA: Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan or kadai and once hot, add the dry spices; jeera, coriander, chana dal and chillies. Saute on medium heat, stirring constantly until light brown..
- Add curry leaves and continue to fry until it is slightly wilted. Stir in the grated coconut and saute, stirring often until light brown and the curry leaves are crisp; about 2 minutes..
- Remove from heat, let cool and make a fine paste with a little water in a blender. Keep aside..
- TO MAKE THE CURRY LEAVES PULAO: Heat a pressure pan with oil and once hot, add jeera and cloves. Saute on medium low heat until slightly aromat; a few seconds. Stir in the washed and drained rice and fry on medium heat, stirring constantly until most of the moisture is gone and each grain of rice glistens..
- Stir in the curry leaves masala paste; mix well..
- Add 1 ¼ teaspoons salt and 3 ½ cups water or 3 cups depending upon the quality of rice; mix well to combine. Cook on high. After first whistle, lower heat to medium low and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to allow the pressure to drop naturally. Keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes..
- Open the pressure pan, fluff up the rice gently with a fork, taking care not to break the rice grains..
- TO PREPARE THE TEMPERING: Heat oil in a small saucepan and once hot, add mustard seeds. As soon as they start to pop and crackle, add cashew and peanuts and fry on medium heat, stirring often until light golden and crisp. Stir in curry leaves and hing powder and add this seasoning to the pulao..
- Mix in the seasoning gently into the pulao, taking care to maintain the long grains of the rice. Serve spicy, healthy, no, onion-no,garlic, curry leaves pulao alongside a cooling raitha (vegans can use coconut yogurt), salad and some poppadums or potato chips..
- Recipe Notes Use only fresh curry leaves to make the masala paste. Adjust spice amounts according to taste. Quantity of water can vary depending upon quality of rice. For more flavor, nutrition and texture, feel free to include your favorite veggies like carrots, peas, green beans or even potatoes. Vegans can avoid the raita or use coconut yogurt instead..
If you find this Curry leaves Pulao recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.