Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple red lentil curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple red lentil curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. Even more crucial than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple red lentil curry recipe. To make simple red lentil curry you need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple red lentil curry:
- Get 300 grams of red lentils.
- Take 200 ml of coconut cream.
- Take 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 3 of gloves of garlic.
- Use 2.5 cm of fresh ginger.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Use Half of teaspoon cumin powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of corriandar powder.
- Prepare 2 of green finger sized chillies.
- Provide 2 of cloves.
- Use 2 of cardamoms.
- Provide Half of teaspoon black peppers.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of tomato paste.
- You need of Lemon wedges to serve.
- You need of Fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Take as needed of Butter or ghee.
Steps to make Simple red lentil curry:
- Melt butter/ghee in the pot. Fry onions until they change colour. Put ginger and garlics and chillies in food processor or chopper. Add ginger and garlic and chillies to pot. Saute few seconds until you feel the aroma..
- Add cloves,cardamoms turmeric, cumin and corriandar and saute few seconds. Wash and drain red lentils two times and add them to the pot..
- Add tomato paste, salt and enought water. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot until lentils half cooked(about 10 minutes). Add coconut cream. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes. Add black pepper.Discard cardamoms and cloves. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with naan or plain steamed rice and lemon wedges.I did not have fresh mint at home. That is why I used dried mint as you see in the photo..
If you find this Simple red lentil curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.