Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Choley chana (chickpeas curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Choley chana (chickpeas curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to choley chana (chickpeas curry) recipe. To cook choley chana (chickpeas curry) you need 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Choley chana (chickpeas curry):
- Get 1 cup of raw chick peas.
- Use 4-5 of black peppercorns.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Use 3-4 of cloves.
- Take 2 of tea bags.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of As required Water as required.
- You need of for choley masala–.
- Get 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Provide 2 of small size onion chopped.
- Use 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- Get 2 of big size tomato chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of choley masala.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp of kasoori methi.
Instructions to make Choley chana (chickpeas curry):
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in enough water to cover them….
- In the pressure cooker add the soaked chickpeas, tea bags, cinnamon, bay leaves, black peppercorns, salt & 4-5 cup water.. pressure cook on medium flame till you get 4-5 whistles..
- Now make a purry of onion, garlic & tomato..
- In a pan heat oil & ghee…once hot add bay leaves, cinnamon stick & cumin seeds & mix well..
- Now add onion & tomato puree in it..& mix well, cook it for 2-3 minutes…
- After it now add all dry spices & mix well..& cook it for 2 minutes..
- Add the chickpeas next & stir till all the chickpeas are coated with the spices around 2 minutes..
- Add water, cover the pan & let it simmer at medium flame for around 15 minutes..The gravy will thicken after 15 minutes so add water accordingly..now add kasoori methi & mix all together well…
- Serve with roti, paratha & rice..
If you find this Choley chana (chickpeas curry) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.