Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shorshe ilish bengali fish curry recipe. To cook shorshe ilish bengali fish curry you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry:
- Use 2-3 of Hilsa fish fillet.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of fresh grated coconut.
- Take 1-2 of green chilies.
- You need 8-10 of cashew nuts.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Prepare as needed of mustard oil.
- Provide 1/3 tsp of nigella seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander leaves chopped.
Instructions to make Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry:
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes. Meanwhile blend the soaked mustard seeds, cashew nuts, green chilies, coconut, turmeric powder and salt to a smooth paste by adding some water. Keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp. mustard oil in a pan / kadai and temper with nigella seeds. Saute for a few seconds and add the marinated fish. Fry on both sides slightly (just a minute on each side)..
- Now add the mustard paste and sprinkle some water. Mix well so that the fish is nicely coated in the masala. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till the oil leaves the sides of the pan..
- Switch off the flame and drizzle the remaining mustard oil. Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with hot steamed rice..
- Note – I have substituted poppy seeds with cashew nuts as the former is unavailable here. Nevertheless there was no change in the taste and flavour. It turned out simply divine and yummy..
If you find this Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.