Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Rajma Prawn Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rajma Prawn Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rajma prawn curry recipe. You can cook rajma prawn curry using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Rajma Prawn Curry:
- Provide 1 cup of Rajma (kidney beans) soaked overnight.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of urad dal (Black gram lentil) soaked for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare 1 cup of prawns cleaned.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Use 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Use 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of kitchen king masala / garam masala.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of ghee.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander leaves.
Steps to make Rajma Prawn Curry:
- Pressure cook the rajma and urad dal in 2 cups water for 7-8 minutes on low flame after the first whistle. Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns till they change colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves. Saute for a few seconds. Add the onion and fry till light brown..
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste and all the powdered spices mixed with some water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the boiled rajma and the fried prawns. Simmer on a low flame for 2-3 minutes. Adjust water according to the gravy desired..
- When done, add ghee and switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with either plain steamed rice, jeera rice, pulao or any kind of Indian bread..
If you find this Rajma Prawn Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.