Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan recipe. To cook chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan:
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- Take 1/2 of Onion Squash (also known as Hokkaido), cut into 2-3cm cubes – Butternut or Kabocha are also nice (and you don’t need to peel the squash 🎉).
- Prepare 200 g of / 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 200 g of / 1/2 can coconut milk, light or full-fat.
- Get 1 cup of vegan stock (it’s about 1tsp of powder for 1 cup) – if you’re not vegan, you can use veggie stock instead of course.
- Take 100-150 g of Green beans – peas or sugarsnaps or spinach or chard are nice too.
Steps to make Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan:
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds. And fry til they pop..
- Add the cumin, garam masala, turmeric and ginger. Heat for a few minutes..
- Add the squash and chickpeas..
- Add the coconut milk and vegan broth..
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until the squash has softened and the sauce has thickened..
- Add the beans and stir through; they will take 5-10 mins. If the mix is getting a bit dry, add some water..
- Serve with rice or chapatti. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.