Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you should altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more important than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate previously.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe. To make chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) you need 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free):
- Get 600 g of chicken breasts (or turkey breasts).
- Get 250 g of quinoa (white, red, or mix).
- Prepare 1 can of tomato puree (approx. 300ml).
- Provide 200 ml of heavy cream (or coconut milk).
- Get 3 of onions.
- Get 2 of leeks.
- Provide 4 of carrots.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic.
- Get 1 of chilli pepper.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- You need 3 teaspoons of turmeric.
- You need 2 spoons of coriander seeds (aka cilantro seeds).
- You need 2 spoons of garam masala mixture.
- Provide 2 spoons of salt.
- You need 2 spoons of sugar (coco flower sugar preferably).
- Provide 8 spoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 spoons of fresh or dried cilantro.
Steps to make Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free):
- Prepare your ingredients for the kari. If possible, use whole spices and grind them using mortar and pestle. This gives more flavor to your dish compared to the already grinded spices. In the end, all spices used must be grinded into powder either way..
- Prepare your ingredients for the quinoa side dish..
- Start with quinoa. I've used one cup of quinoa, which equals to almost 250g..
- Unless properly washed, quinoa can be bitter after cooking. To avoid this, wash it properly with a boiling water — I needed approx. 1 liter..
- Add washed quinoa into a pot and add 2.5x more water than the volume of quinoa. I've used 1 pot of quinoa, hence 2.5 pots of cold water..
- Add the heat until the water in the pot starts boiling. Then turn down the heat and let the water to simmer. It takes 15-20 minutes..
- While quinoa cooks, prepare the main dish. Cut the meat (I've used turkey breasts) into small cubes (size of the thumb)..
- Cut the onions into small pieces..
- Cut the carrots into the julienne-like slices. You could also use other veggies, such as zucchini, eggplant, spring onions, bell peppers… The key thing to bear in mind is that you add veggies *at the end* of the process only to heat them up and make them smoother. You don't want them to be overcooked without that "crispiness". 🙂 Garlic and the chilli pepper are the only ones you add before since they give additional taste to the dish..
- Cut the leeks, chilli pepper and garlic into slices..
- Add olive oil and the spices into the pan, mix all together and heat it up..
- Heat the mixture for 1 minute. Soon, the spices will start to form small bubbles in the olive oil..
- Add onions into the spicy olive oil and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions diminish in size..
- Add cubes of meat, mix it with the spicy onion and olive oil and saute it for another 3-5 minutes..
- Add 1 sliced pepper and 4 cloves of garlic. Mix together..
- Add 1 can tomato puree and mix together..
- Add 2 spoons of sugar — I've used the coconut flower sugar..
- Add sliced leeks and cut carrots and mix well together..
- Add heavy cream and mix well together..
- Bring the mixture to boil and then turn off the heat..
- Serve your wonderful dish. If possible, sprinkle with fresh or dried cilantro. 🙂 To make smoother, add a slice of.
If you find this Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.