Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lamb & sweet potato curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lamb & sweet potato curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb & sweet potato curry recipe. You can cook lamb & sweet potato curry using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lamb & sweet potato curry:
- Prepare 500 grams of lamb stewing meat.
- Take 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 1 of sweet potato (peeled and sliced into half disks).
- Use 1 tsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of medium curry powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of mild and spicy curry powder.
- Provide 2 of star anise (crushed).
- Use 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes (or half red chilli chopped).
- You need 2 tbsp of chutney (I use hot).
- Get 1 tsp of hot sauce (I use blairs after death, if you want your curry hotter or milder use a different sauce accordingly).
- Provide 1 of soup packet/stew packet/stock (enough for 500ml water, I used a mutton/veggie soup mix from know, brown onion will also work well).
- Provide 1 tbsp of garam masala spice mix.
- Take 2 dash of vegtable oil.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic(peeled and chopped).
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Get 500 ml of boiling water.
- You need 1 can of tomato onion mix.
Instructions to make Lamb & sweet potato curry:
- Put the oil, onions, chilli flakes and garlic in a medium pot on the stove on medium heat,.
- When onions start going soft, add tumeric powder mix well and add the meat, add the salt and peper to taste and brown the meat..
- Add the contents of the tomato and mix to the pot mix well. Boil the 500ml water and mix the soup powder in thoroughly ( I use a blender), add chutney and blend again..
- Add the soup mix to the pot and reduce heat to low(curry should simmer gently until finished).
- Add the star anise(2 leaves of the star) and curry powders to the pot, mix well and leave to simmer for an hour – 2 hours..
- Check on the curry every half hour and stir ensuring that it does not stick, add the sweet potato and cook for a further hour..
- Add the garam masala spice mix to a pan and roast on the stove top for 5 minutes, add to the curry and cook for a further 10 minutes. Your curry is now ready to be served and enjoyed with rice and sambals!.
If you find this Lamb & sweet potato curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.