Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snacks to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry chicken satay recipe. You can have coconut curry chicken satay using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- Get 40 of skewers soaked ideally overnight, but at least 6 hours or so.
- Use 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into roughly 1/3-inch thick, 1.5-inch wide strips.
- Use 1-1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Get 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
- Use 1/4 cup of minced shallots.
- Get 3 Tablespoons of packed brown sugar.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Get of zest of 1 lime.
- Use 1.5-2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic (about 2 large cloves).
- Use 1/2 Tablespoon of curry powder.
Instructions to make Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the salt first and give them a good thorough mixing with your hands to ensure that the chicken is evenly seasoned with the salt. Let that sit for about 5 minutes while add the other ingredients into the bowl..
- Combine the rest of the marinade ingredients with the salted chicken and again, using your hands, massage the ingredients gently and thoroughly into the chicken, making sure that all the components are evenly distributed throughout the chicken..
- Cover the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 8. (What will happen if you marinate it longer? Well, it won't be terrible, but the longer proteins sit in a salty mixture, the more cured a texture they begin to take on. You can actually let this marinade go for 2 or 3 days before you cook the chicken, but I think up to 8 hours for chicken breast keeps optimal texture. Up to overnight for dark meat.).
- Skewer the chicken in roughly 6-inch segments. This may take combining 2 or more pieces together. No biggie. Also, if you're planning to cook the chicken over coals right after you skewer, right before Step 4 would be a good time to light your coals..
- Grill the skewers over slightly lower than medium heat. 3 to 4.5 minutes per side for breast meat, 5.5 to 7 minutes per side for dark meat..
- GRILLING TIPS: If you're grilling on a gas grill, you just need to preheat your grill to a just under medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes prior to cooking. If you're grilling with coals, since you're dealing with smaller, thinner skewer cuts, you'll want to make sure to give your coals plenty of time for the flames to burn out and then a little time for the white heat to dissipate just a bit before you start cooking..
- GRILLING TIPS (cont): You'll be able to tell when some of the coals have returned to something more like the original charcoal color. And then there's always the hand test (assuming an even spread of the coals) in which you hold your hand an inch or two above the grill grates and judge the temp by how long you can hold it there before you have to pull it away. For the slightly less than medium heat you want for these satay skewers, 4 to 5 seconds should do it..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.