Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between snacks. Finding snacks that help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Probably the most popular snack foods is low fat yogurt. The truth is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you can reach for. It consists of tons of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by many people. Try adding some healthy nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This minimizes your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to aubergine & chickpea curry recipe. You can cook aubergine & chickpea curry using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Get 2 of Aubergines.
- Get 1 tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Take 10 of Curry Leaves.
- Use 2 of Dried Chillies.
- You need 4 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Use 2 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- Provide 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Get 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- Take 6 of Tomatoes.
- Use 1 of Onion.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Oil.
Instructions to make Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Quarter the tomatoes, and dice onions finely..
- Halve the aubergines, then cut each half into wedges..
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick, and brown half the aubergines for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp all over..
- Scoop onto a plate, repeat with more oil and the remaining aubergines, then set everything.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry for 30s until fragrant..
- Stir in the onions and continue cooking until they are softened and beginning to brown..
- Add the dried chillies and spices with a spoonful of the thick coconut milk from the top of the can, then fry for 1 minute more..
- Add the remaining coconut milk, tomatoes and half a can of water. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until thick and saucy..
- Stir in the chickpeas and aubergines. Continue simmering for 5 minutes or so, until everything is hot and the aubergines are tender..
- Serve with rice or warm Naan, scattered with a few extra curry leaves sizzled in a splash of oil, if you like..
If you find this Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.