Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Singaporean Fish Head Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Singaporean Fish Head Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to singaporean fish head curry recipe. To make singaporean fish head curry you only need 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Singaporean Fish Head Curry:
- Provide 1 of Rohu fish head / Red Snapper fish head.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Take 3-4 of slit green chilies.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic, chopped.
- Provide 1-2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato puree.
- Provide 1 tsp of tamarind paste mixed with 1 cup water.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of coriander-cumin powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Provide 2 of baby eggplants.
- Prepare 1 of Long eggplant.
- Take 4-5 of okra, cut into half.
- Get 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Get 1 tbsp of coriander leaves to garnish.
Instructions to make Singaporean Fish Head Curry:
- Marinate the fish head with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10-15 minutes. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a pan and fry them till golden in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil and temper with mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter. Add the curry leaves, garlic, asafoetida and green chilies. Saute for a few seconds..
- Then add the onion and continue to fry till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry well..
- Add the tomato paste and…………all the dry spices. Fry on a medium flame till the oil separates..
- Add the tamarind water and bring it to a boil. Add the okra and eggplants and simmer, covered on a low flame till they are half done..
- Now add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil..
- Drop in the fried fish head. Cover and continue to simmer for a further 2 minutes……….or till the oil starts to rise on the top..
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves..
If you find this Singaporean Fish Head Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.