Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Goan style prawn curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan style prawn curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Energy.
We are all aware that eating healthy foods can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between snacks. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the early morning. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain food items is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan style prawn curry recipe. You can have goan style prawn curry using 16 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Goan style prawn curry:
- Provide 500 gm of prawns Medium size fresh.
- You need 2 tsps of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take 1 of coconut Fresh.
- Take 8 of chillies Dry red.
- Get 3 of chillies Kashmiri.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pepper corns.
- Take 1 tsp of Corriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- Prepare 6 of Kokum pieces.
- You need 1 of Onion small.
- Prepare 4 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaf.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Take 3 cloves of Garlic.
- Provide 3 tbsps of Oil.
Steps to make Goan style prawn curry:
- While buying the prawns, the fish seller will remove the head and shell. You need to 'de-vein' the prawns before use i.e. remove the intestines..
- Wash the prawns and make a shallow cut on the concave side using a plain edge knife (not serrated). Lift out the intestine gently. Make sure you get all of it from top to bottom. Hold the prawn under the tap to wash off any left over bits. You can see it in the photo below (the thin black line)..
- Once all the prawns are cleaned, wash them off once and mix with 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp turmeric and let it rest for 15 min..
- Grate 1 full coconut.
- Dry roast the red chillies, coriander seeds, pepper corns and caraway seeds.
- Now you need to extract the coconut milk. Heat 1 cup water till it boils. Switch off the heat and add the coconut to it. Let it cool. You can place the vessel containing the coconut into another larger vessel filled with cold water to speed up the cooling..
- After the coconut cools, transfer it into a grinder. Add the roasted spices (break up the chillies).
- Grind the coconut and spices into a paste. Strain the paste through a cloth to extract the thick spicy coconut milk.
- Heat another cup of water and repeat the process twice to extract the thin coconut milk.
- Discard the left over coconut and spice residue.
- Chop 1 small onion finely. Chop 4 green chillies. Chop 3 cloves garlic finely..
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a Kadhai. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and wait until they pop. Add 1 sprig curry leaves. Add the garlic, green chillies and onion. Fry on low flame for 5 min..
- In the meantime wash the prawns a couple of times and discard the water..
- Add the prawns to the Kadhai and fry for 2 min..
- Add a little water to the prawns to bring the temperature down to boiling point. The coconut milk may split if you add it to a very hot vessel so you need to lower the temperature..
- Add the thin coconut water and salt. Keep the flame on medium and stir until the mix just starts to boil. Immediately lower the flame and cook for 7 min. The coconut milk will split if it is boiled too vigorously..
- Add the thick coconut milk and kokum. If you don't have kokum, you can use tamarind pulp. Stir and heat it until just before it boils. Switch off the flame..
- Serve with rice..
If you find this Goan style prawn curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.