Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of wellness. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. When you need a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily available. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) recipe. To cook katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) you need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- You need of Roux.
- Get 3 tbsp of butter or vegetable shortening.
- Get 4 tbsp of flour.
- Use 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Use of Curry.
- Provide 1 of onion, sliced thin.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of thumb ginger, sliced thin.
- Provide 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Use 1 of carrot, cubed.
- You need 1 of medium potato, cubed.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1/4 tsp of whole cloves.
- Use 1/4 of apple, grated.
- Provide 4 pcs of tonkatsu (breaded pork or chicken cutlets) fried.
Steps to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Melt butter/shortening in a pan on low heat. Mix flour until well blended. Rise heat to medium low and mix until flour browns a little. Be careful not to burn it!.
- Add curry powder and garam masala, mixing well. Transfer to a bowl. If not using immediately can be stored for up to a month refrigerated..
- With 2 tbsp oil, sauté the onions under low heat. Let the onions caramelise, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes..
- Rise heat to medium low and add garlic, ginger, ketchup, and curry powder. Stir well..
- Add potatoes, carrots, and broth. Bring heat up to medium. Add cloves, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves. Let boil, and then bring heat back down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- Add curry roux made in steps 1–2. Stir well and bring heat up to medium. Let boil, and then lower heat to low, and stir until it thickens, about 5 minutes..
- Add grated apple and stir well..
- Fry tonkatsu pieces and chop. Arrange on a plate with rice and pour curry on top. Serve hot..
If you find this Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.