Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to doi-katla kalia (carp fish in yoghurt curry recipe. You can cook doi-katla kalia (carp fish in yoghurt curry using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry:
- You need 500 gms of Katla Fish (Big Slices/Pieces).
- Use 4 tbsp of Cooking Oil (Any).
- Use 1 Cup of Mustard Oil (To fry the Fish).
- Provide To Taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Plain Yoghurt (well beaten with the sugar).
- Get 1 Cup of Onions 🧅 Slices.
- Use 2-3 of dry red chillies.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare Few of black peppercorns.
- Provide 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1-2 of green cardamoms.
- Use 1 of black cardimom.
- You need 1 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of Ginger Paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Paste.
- Use 3-4 of Red Chilli Paste.
- Get 1.5 tsp of Ghee.
- Provide 1-1.5 Cups of Hot Water (For Gravy).
- You need 1 of Small Tomatoes (Chopped/Optional).
- Use 1 tsp of Garam Masala Powder (Homemade).
- Provide 2 of Potatoes (Optional): Ideally, it’s added though in the same 😊💁🏻♀️.
Steps to make Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry:
- Clean the fish pieces & marinate with some salt & turmeric powder & set aside for at least 30-40 mins time (more is better always), Make a smooth paste out of the wet Masalas- aforementioned.
- Heat a frying pan 🍳 & fry the fish pieces in batches depending on its sizes to crispy dark brown Color over the medium-high flame 🔥.
- In another Frying Pan 🍳: Add in the oil & goes in the tempering spices & when it released the aroma add in the onion slices & some salt 🧂 & sauté until golden brown.
- Now, add in the wet masala paste & keep stirring continuously to avoid burning- Need to sauté until its raw smell goes off & release a nice 👍🏻 aroma from the same.
- Once well sautéd, put off the flame 🔥 to add in the whisked yoghurt with the sugar & add into the gravy while stirring continuously to avoid curdling of it & then putron the flame 🔥 again to complete the cooking.
- Add in some hot water for the desired GRAVY…once comes to the boiling point- add in the fried fish 🐠 & immerse it well- put the flame to the low & cover the lid & allow it to cook for another 10-12 mins time, lastly- put garam masala powder & ghee, give it a final mix- put off the flame 🔥 & allow it to rest it in its standby position for 10 mins time before serving hot.
- Serve it Hot with Hot Plain Rice 🍛💁🏻♀️🍚….ENJOY !!! 😍.
If you find this Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.