Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Prawn malai curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawn malai curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn malai curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn malai curry recipe. You can cook prawn malai curry using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn malai curry:
- Prepare 12 pieces of tiger prawn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Onion-ginger-garlic paste.
- Provide of (Make a fine paste in blender taking one medium sized onion, 1’’ piece ginger, 8-10 pods garlic and 2 green chilies).
- Take 1 of Chopped onion small size.
- Provide 1 of small glass coconut milk.
- Take 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Use As needed of Whole garam masala- cardamom (2 no), Cinnamon (1’’ stick), Clove(2-3 no).
- Use 1/4 tsp of Garam masala powder(using only cardamom, cinnamon and clove).
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of White oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ghee.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare few of green chillies.
Steps to make Prawn malai curry:
- In a small container add turmeric and red chilli powder. Pour 2 tsp. of water and mix well. Keep aside..
- Wash and clean Prawns..
- Take oil and ½ tsp. of ghee in a kadhai. Saute Prawns in medium hot oil. When you put prawns in oil, within 3-4 sec it will change it's colour into red.Then remove from heat and keep aside..
- Into the remaining oil add whole garam masala and bay leaves. When it starts spluttering add chopped onion..
- Cook for 2 minutes till the colour becomes pink colour. Then add onion-ginger- garlic paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes until it becomes light brown. Now add turmeric-red chilli paste in to it.Mix well. Cook till the oil is floating on top..
- Next add beaten yogurt, salt to taste and sugar into it. Mix and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour coconut milk and green chilli slices..
- When it starts to boil add prawns in it. You can use ¼ cup of hot water according to required gravy..
- Let it boil for 10-12 minutes in low flame with lid (Over boiling will hard the prawns). After that time turn off the gas flame then add garam masala powder and the remaining ghee.Finally cover with lid and give a standing time for 5 minutes. Serve hot with steamed rice or any fried rice of your choice..
If you find this Prawn malai curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.