Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Thai Massaman Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Massaman Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman curry recipe. To make thai massaman curry you need 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Massaman Curry:
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- Provide 300 g of Potatoes (diced).
- Get 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water).
- Get 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Use 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- You need of [Marinade].
- You need 2 pinches of Salt (or more).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of White Pepper (or more).
- Get of [Massaman Spice Mix] – ground well.
- Take 1 pc of Cinnamon Stick.
- Get 5 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- Take 5 pc of Cloves.
- Take 5 pc of Black peppercorns.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need of [Curry Paste] – processed in a blender.
- Provide 30 g of Red Chillies (deseed).
- Provide 30 g of Green Chillies (deseed).
- Use 40 g of Garlic.
- Get 40 g of Shallots.
- You need 20 g of Finger.
- Provide 20 g of Galangal.
- Use 1 tsp of Shrimp Paste.
Steps to make Thai Massaman Curry:
- MARINADE; season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- CHICKEN: heat 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot. Sauté the Spice Mix for 1 minute. Then add the Chicken and coat well. Cook the Chicken until brown all over..
- PASTE & POTATOES: add the Curry Paste and Potatoes. Mix well and cook until the oil separates..
- LIQUIDS: then add in the Coconut Milk, Tamarind Juice, Palm Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the bottom occasionally..
- FINISH: after 10 minutes, remove the lid, and continue to cook until the gravy thickens. Garnish with Fresh Coriander Leaves and serve with rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.