Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Kaalan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Kaalan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kaalan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything at once or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kaalan recipe. To make kaalan you need 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kaalan:
- You need 1 no of plantain Raw (Nendra kaya) -.
- You need 1 cup of Yam / Chena (chopped) -.
- Prepare 2 cups of Curd -.
- You need 1 cup of coconut grated.
- You need 5 nos of Pepper -.
- You need 1 no of chilly Green -.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seed -.
- Provide of salt – as reqd.
- Get 1/2 tsp of chilly red powder -.
- Provide 1 sprig of curry leaves -.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of mustard seed -.
- Prepare 2 nos of chillies dry red -.
- Get 2 tsps of oil -.
Steps to make Kaalan:
- Peel and cube the plantain and yam.
- In a kadai, add plantain and yam pieces along with turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt, curry leaves and 1 cup of water.
- Cook till the vegetables are done..
- Meanwhile, grind together coconut, pepper, cumin seeds and green chilly to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked vegetables.Boil them well stirring continuously.Add salt..
- Finally add curd to this and simmer for 2 – 3 minutes. Do not boil..
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, red chilly fenugreek seeds and curry leaves..
- Add this to the gravy..
- The simple and tasty Kaalan is ready to be served..
If you find this Kaalan recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.