Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One heart-healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry shrimp recipe. To cook coconut curry shrimp you need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut Curry Shrimp:
- Prepare 1 lb of raw, peeled and deveined, tail off jumbo shrimp.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can coconut milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Provide of Finely diced onion, about 1/4 cup worth.
- Take 1 tbsp of Minced garlic,.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
- Use of Red pepper flakes.
- Get 1 dash of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- Use of Rough chopped fresh cilantro.
Steps to make Coconut Curry Shrimp:
- Melt butter in preheated skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté on low heat until soft and fragrant. Add a few good dashes of curry powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes (if you want it spicy) and a pinch of salt. Keep on low for another couple minutes. It'll start getting a bit pastey..
- Add half the can of coconut milk, continuing to sauté on low heat until it bubbles immediately after stirring. Add the rest of the coconut milk and the water till it's bubbly again. Add more curry powder and a squeeze of lime juice..
- Once the curry sauce is hot, add the raw shrimp. Continue simmering on low heat, stirring about every 3-5 minutes. Add more spice throughout according to your preference. Let it slowly simmer, stirring regularly for probably 20-30 minutes. Add the cilantro in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve over rice..
- The key to this recipe is slowly building the flavor. Emphasis on slowly. Your flame should never be turned high at any time during this cook. It's an easy recipe but requires patience. As always I encourage using your own creativity. Add other Indian spices or substitutions if something strikes your fancy. I've seen a lot of recipes call for fresh basil instead of the cilantro, for example. Cilantro sounded better to me 😁 Enjoy and have fun!.
If you find this Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.