Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snack foods.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast wholesome snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic malaysian style vegetable curry recipe. To make authentic malaysian style vegetable curry you need 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry:
- You need 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil (safflower or canola).
- Use 1/2 of "a" Red onion.
- Provide 20 of "a" Shallots.
- You need 10 clove of "a" Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of stalks "b" Lemongrass (cut into fourths).
- Prepare 6 of "b" Cloves.
- Prepare 1 piece of "b" Star anise.
- Prepare 1 of "b" Cinnamon stick.
- Get 10 of Okra.
- Get 1 of Bitter gourd.
- Get 1 of Eggplant (slim Japanese type).
- Use 1 of one packet Atsuage.
- Take 5 of Satsuma-age.
- Get 1/2 of Onion (sliced).
- Get 10 tbsp of Curry powder (preferably imported from Malaysia or Singapore).
- Prepare 5 of Pandan leaves (optional).
Steps to make Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry:
- Combine all of the "a" ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a paste-like consistency..
- Grease a pot with oil, and heat the paste from Step 1. Once cooked through, add the "b" ingredients and stir-fry until the moisture evaporates, and the paste is reduced by 1/2 the original amount..
- To prepare the bitter gourd, slice it in half lengthwise, carefully scoop out the pith with a spoon, then slice it into 8-mm thick rounds..
- Slice the onion into thick slices..
- Cut the okra in half, and roughly chop the eggplant into chunks (then soak in water). Cut the atsuage and satsuma-age into similarly sized chunks. Sizes can be random..
- Add the ingredients prepared in Steps 3-5 to the pot, and stir-fry. The photo shows how it should look in Step 7..
- Once the ingredients are cooked through, add the curry powder. Cook while stir-frying. The photo shows the curry powder I use..
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients, then simmer for 20-30 minutes..
- For those who are not on a diet, add coconut milk to taste (but do not let it boil after adding)..
- For those on a diet, if you prefer a richer taste, add a small amount of evaporated milk or milk..
- The top photo shows it with zucchini. I also topped it with fried onion chips. Also, in order to show the vegetables, the photo was taken before adding the soup..
- If available, add pandan leaves in Step 8..
- If preparing vegetarian style, omit the satsuma-age..
If you find this Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.