Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe. To cook coconut curry lentils and potatoes you only need 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut curry lentils and potatoes:
- Take 1/2 cup of brown lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Take 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Take 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Take 1 of potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes.
- Take 1 tbsp of peanut/sesame some sort of oil.
- Provide 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Get 2 tbsp of cilantro, finely chopped.
- Get pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take 2 tbsp of plain or Greek yogurt.
Steps to make Coconut curry lentils and potatoes:
- Put the lentils, coconut milk, vegetable broth and curry powder in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer. Partially cover and stir every now and then and let cook for about 15 minutes..
- Add potatoes to the pan and cover. After about 10 minutes, stir in peanut/sesame oil and add more liquid (veg broth or water) if it's getting dry..
- Add peas, cover and keep cooking until lentils and potatoes are tender when poked with a fork, about 5 to 10 minutes. If it gets too dry, add more liquid. It should be moist, but not soupy. Finish with lots of black pepper and cilantro. Top off with yogurt and enjoy! (p.s. I always go back for more yogurt!) 😊.
If you find this Coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.