Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy and simple mexican chilli con carne recipe. You can cook easy and simple mexican chilli con carne using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne:
- Use 150 grams of dried Kintoki beans (or red kidney beans).
- Provide 350 grams of Minced beef and pork blend.
- Provide 1 of ○ Onions (minced).
- Prepare 1 of ○ Carrot (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of ○ Celery (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 clove of ○ Garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil (for frying).
- Get 5 tbsp of White wine.
- Take 3 tbsp of Plain flour.
- Get 200 ml of ☆ Soaking water from the rehydrated red kidney beans.
- Provide 1 of tin ☆ Tinned tomatoes.
- Get 3 tbsp of ☆ Chilli powder.
- Take 1 tsp of ☆ Curry powder.
- Prepare 1 of ☆ Soup stock cube.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of + 1/2 teaspoon ☆ Salt.
- Prepare 1 of ☆ Bay leaf.
- Provide 1 dash of ☆ Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of as required Chilli powder, Tabasco (to adjust the hotness).
- Provide 1 of as required Seasoned coarsely ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne:
- Rinse and clean the dried kintoki or red kidney beans. Measure 150 g to obtain 400 g of cooked beans..
- Soak the beans in bowl of water. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight..
- After soaking it overnight, the skin of the beans shouldn't be wrinkled..
- Place the beans and soaking liquid into a pot. Cover and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low and cook over 20 minutes. Turn the heat off and let stand for 15 minutes..
- Check that the beans are soft and plump. Do not overcook. Reserve the cooking liquid as it is to be used later..
- Chop the ○ vegetables finely..
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add the Step 6 vegetables and minced beef and pork mix. Fry and season lightly with salt and pepper..
- Once the meat turns brown, add the white wine and continue to cook..
- Add the flour and fry quickly..
- Add all the ☆ ingredients and red kidney beans. Bring back to the boil over a medium heat and turn the heat to very low. Cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally as the bottom of the pot may burn. Turn off the heat and let stand for 20 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper. If you want to make it spicy hot, add chilli powder or Tabasco. Sprinkle on the parsley..
- In Mexico, they use red kidney beans, which are similar to kintoki beans found in Japan. You can use either soy beans or mixed beans..
If you find this Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.