Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Kerala fish curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more crucial than totally modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala fish curry recipe. To cook kerala fish curry you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala fish curry:
- Provide 2 of large white fish fillets (I used whiting you can also use cod, seabass or bream).
- Prepare 6 of shallots.
- You need 2 of long red peppers.
- Use 1 of thumb size ginger piece.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- Use 1 tsp of nigella seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nut or sesame oil.
- Get 200 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 1 can of chopped tin tomatoes.
Steps to make Kerala fish curry:
- Finely chop the the shallots, peppers, chilli, garlic and ginger.
- In a hot pan toast the nigella and cumin seeds in the hot oil until they start to pop.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the chopped vegetables. Sauté for 5mins.
- Make a paste by mixing the chilli powder and turmeric with a dash of water.
- Stir in the paste.
- Now stir in fish (cut in chunks). Mix in the tomatoes and coconut milk and simmer for 20mins to reduce..
- Serve with a chapatti, saag paneer and some chutney 😋.
If you find this Kerala fish curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.