Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. You can cook kerala style spicy chicken curry using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Use 2-3 lbs of Free range organic whole chicken – skinless ,cut into medium size pieces.
- Take of Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves).
- Take 2 of medium size purple onions – chopped into fine pieces.
- Take 2 of large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces.
- Get of Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking.
- You need 3-4 of green chillies chopped vertically.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro leaves – chopped.
- Provide 1 1/2-2 cups of coconut milk (another option – take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use).
- Take 1 tbsp of ginger paste (around 2'' piece).
- Get 1 tbsp of garlic paste (around 4-5 nos).
- Provide 2 tsp of vinegar.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Take of For Masala :.
- Get 5-8 of Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level).
- Prepare 10 of Black peppercorns.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Use 3-4 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Use 2 of small sticks cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp if using powder).
- You need 2-3 strands of curry leaves.
- Prepare 4-5 of pearl onions – peeled and chopped into two halves.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Steps to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside.
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required..
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well..
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 – 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil..
- Turn off the heat and pour 1/2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc ..
If you find this Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.