Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. When you have to have a fast treat on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy recipe. To make malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- Provide 1/2 kg of prawns.
- Use 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- Use 4+ 2 of Shallots.
- Use 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Take 3/4 of malabar tamarind (raw /dried).
- Get 2-3 sprig of Curry leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Use 1&1/2 tsp of &1/2 tsp chillipowder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- In a pan roast the coconut, when the coconut turns light brown in colour add fennel seeds and 4 finely chopped shallots and roast again when aroma comes add coriander powder, Chilli powder and roast well. When the coconut is well roasted switch off flame and add turmeric powder and keep to cool..
- In a blender blend roasted coconut with 1-2 cups of water at batches. Blend to a smooth gravy..
- Pour the gravy to a clay pot or any cooking vessel. (fish curry is usually cooked in clay pots in kerala).
- Keep the pot on stove in medium heat. Add salt to taste and roughly chopped tomatoes. Beware of overspilling when the gravy boils, so keep stirring..
- When the gravy boils add prawns, malabar tamarind (i am using raw) and some curry leaves and cook well. Instead of malabar tamarind you can use normal tamarind pulp or raw mango..
- Cook until the the oil from the coconut turns and is seen on top..
- On another pan prepare the seasoning. Heat a pan pour 1 tablespoon coconut oil and add 2 finely chopped shallots and curry leaves. Fry until shallots turn brown. Pour the fried shallot along with the oil to the gravy..
- Prawns curry is ready to serve..
If you find this Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.